News & Events » News
Office Manager Position Available
The Friends of the James River Park is hiring an Office Manager. This is a part-time position responsible for administrative and financial duties associated with the organization.
- Responsible for administrative tasks of the organization including mail and email correspondence.
- Maintains the organization’s accounting system, QuickBooks, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costing, and general ledger.
- Coordinates with the Treasurer to ensure timely deposit of checks and payment of expenses.
- Prepares all reports including but not limited to monthly financial reports and reports to grantors.
- Coordinates with the Communications Committee to maintain and update communications platforms including the organization’s website, calendar, and social media accounts.
- Communicates effectively and courteously and brings important issues to the Board’s attention.
- Attends monthly Board meetings and other functions as requested by the Board.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Board.
- Effective communication skills, experience with social media platforms
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience, specifically experience with QuickBooks
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Professional and organized
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Familiar with and user of the James River Park System
For further details, including hours and compensation, see the complete Office Manager Job Description (PDF).
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply for the position.
News Post Archives
Get Our e-Newsletter
Join our email list to get updates on what’s happening in the James River Park!