The Friends » Board of Directors Candidate Application
As you consider your involvement with the Friends of the James River Park, please review the following expectation we have of all Board Members. We are an all-volunteer organization and, as such, have a hands-on approach to achieving our organizational goals. We take pride in our ability to support the James River Park through a commitment of time beyond board meetings, hard work and monetary support.
Board Member Duties
- Attend monthly board meetings (12 a year).
- Cannot miss more than 5 in a year
- Cannot miss more than 3 in a row
- Always be a positive ambassador of Friends of the James River Park and it’s board
- Be a member of at least one committee and one task force (committee structure is subject to change):
- JRP Master Plan Implementation Action Team
- Leadership/Board Development
- Attend and help out during 4-6 shifts of annual events. There are presently:
- Approximately 8 annual events
- 9 monthly clean-ups from September through May (Saturday mornings 9-12)
- Serve for a term of 3 years with a maximum of 2 consecutive terms.
- Be a paying member of the Friends of the James River Park
- Consider a contribution to the Preservation and Protection Fund
Thank you for your interest and support. Board meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:00 PM at the James River Park Headquarters at Reedy Creek. We welcome you to attend meetings as a visitor prior to submitting your application.
Attend a board meeting!
Our board meetings are open to the public. We meet the first Tuesday of most months at 6:30 p.m. at the Reedy Creek Park Headquarters Building, but be sure to check the Park calendar for a schedule of our meeting.
Email us at [email protected] for more information about how to become involved.